Tender would be the word for these ribs when done!
Make and share this Crock Pot Beef Short Ribs recipe from Food.com.
- 3 1⁄2-4 lbs short rib of beef
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 large onions, cut into wedges
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and halved
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 4 hunks each
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Coleman's dry mustard or 1⁄2 teaspoon Keen's dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- Brown ribs in oil and place in crock pot with the onions, spuds and carrots.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients and pour over ribs and veggies.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Remove ribs and veggies, and add the cornstarch mixture to thicken liquid if desired.
Easy simple and delicious. And tender is right, the meat was falling off the bones.I threw this together this morning and this evening we had a yummy dinner. The gravy was a nice change from the usual barbeque sauce.
Very easy recipe and had good flavor. I did not get it on when I wanted to and had only six hours in the crookpot. I sarted out on high reducing to low. After six hours thay were tender and flavorful. The only thing that I did different was to add some liquid smoke to the recipe. I will try it again when I can get the full 8 to 1o hours on low and see what happens.
I had a very busy day ahead of me and a regular was dropping in for dinner so this was the perfect recipe. Easy, no care and very tasty. I put everything on a platter kept it warm in the oven while I thickened he gravy- Enjoyed by all thanks Dibs