Recipe by Dib's
Tender would be the word for these ribs when done!
Top Review by Virginia Chandler
Easy simple and delicious. And tender is right, the meat was falling off the bones.I threw this together this morning and this evening we had a yummy dinner. The gravy was a nice change from the usual barbeque sauce.
- 3 1⁄2-4 lbs short rib of beef
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 large onions, cut into wedges
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and halved
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 4 hunks each
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Coleman's dry mustard or 1⁄2 teaspoon Keen's dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ribs in oil and place in crock pot with the onions, spuds and carrots.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients and pour over ribs and veggies.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Remove ribs and veggies, and add the cornstarch mixture to thicken liquid if desired.