Tender would be the word for these ribs when done!
Make and share this Crock Pot Beef Short Ribs recipe from Food.com.
- 3 1⁄2-4 lbs short rib of beef
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 large onions, cut into wedges
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and halved
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 4 hunks each
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Coleman's dry mustard or 1⁄2 teaspoon Keen's dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- Brown ribs in oil and place in crock pot with the onions, spuds and carrots.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients and pour over ribs and veggies.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Remove ribs and veggies, and add the cornstarch mixture to thicken liquid if desired.