This family staple is adapted from the October 2002 issue of "Betty Crocker" magazine on Slow Cooker Meals. It creates simple and delicious meat that you can use for sandwiches, quesadillas, salads, or whatever you like! The leftovers also freeze. There is no taste of beer in the meat; just hearty, good flavor.
- Trim any huge amounts of fat from the beef. Place beef in slow cooker.
- Place dry onion soup mix, sugar, oregano, broth, beer and garlic in crock pot.
- Cover and cook on LOW setting for 8 to 10 hours, or HIGH for 5 hours.
- Slice or shred beef, and place meat on sliced sandwich rolls.
- Serve with the meat juices for dipping the sandwiches.