1/1 Photo of Crock Pot Beef Round Braised With Tomato & Herbs
8 hrs 20 mins
Based on a recipe from Sunset's Crockery Cookbook. It recommends, "Serve thick slices of this moist, tender roast and its herb-seasoned tomato sauce with pasta tubes or twists, such as penne or rotelle." I think this is good family fare.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 lb) boneless bottom round roast, trimmed of fat
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (or pressed)
- 2 teaspoons Italian herb seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- chopped parsley
- 1Sprinkle pepper on all sides of beef.
- 2Heat oil in a wide nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat; add beef and brown well on all sides.
- 3Meanwhile, in a 3-quart or larger electric slow cooker, combine onion, carrot, garlic, and herb seasoning.
- 4In a small bowl, mix tomato sauce, Worcestershire, and wine; set aside.
- 5Place beef on top of onion mixture.
- 6Pour tomato sauce mixture over beef. Cover and cook at low setting until beef is very tender when pierced (8 to 10 hours).
- 7Lift beef to a warm platter and keep warm.
- 8Skim and discard fat from sauce, if necessary.
- 9To serve, slice beef across the grain. Spoon some of thw sauce over meat; garnish with parsley.
- 10Serve remaining sauce separately.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Beef Round Braised With Tomato & Herbs
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.1
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 103.7 mg
- Sodium 408.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 38.7 g