Rich thick curry that smells wonderful, just a little work needed in prep time but worth it on a chilly autumn night. Great for entertaining too.
- 1 lb sliced chuck steak
- 1 large onion, fairly thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 tablespoons rogan josh curry paste
- 1 (14 ounce) can plum tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon mango chutney
- 2 tablespoons creamed coconut
- 6 ounces small mushrooms, quartered
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 beef stock cube
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- Brown onions in frying pan using canola oil.
- Add garlic and fry for further 3 minutes.
- add curry paste and fry off for 2 minutes.
- place mixture into crock pot.
- deglaze pan with boiling water and add to crock pot.
- add rest of ingredients except mushrooms and cook on high 2 hours and low for 6-8 hours depending on your crock.
- Add mushrooms and check seasoning and cook on high for further 1/2 hour.
- Skim off excess fat before serving.