1/1 Photo of Crock Pot Beef Roast With Tomato Madeira Sauce
8 hrs 10 mins
Source: Sandra Lee - Semi Homemade Cooking!! This recipe is unbelievably easy and the results are delicious!! My husband eats the sauce with a spoon!! NOTE: This recipe says to brown the roast...I have skipped this step due to lack of time and the roast still turned out juicy & fork-tender!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 lbs rump roast, rinsed and patted dry
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups garlic and herb spaghetti sauce (i.e. Ragu, Prego)
- 3/4 cup madeira wine
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups frozen pearl onions
- 1 cup frozen carrots, slices cut in chunks or 1 cup fresh carrot, cut in chunks
- 1Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan on medium-high heat.
- 2Season the roast with salt and pepper.
- 3Brown the roast on all sides, remove to a plate, and set aside.
- 4NOTE: If you are running low on time, skip browning the roast.
- 5In a medium bowl, combine the tomato sauce, Madeira, and garlic. Set aside.
- 6To a slow cooker add the onions and carrots.
- 7Add the browned roast and any accumulated juices.
- 8Pour the sauce mixture over the top of roast.
- 9Cover and cook on low setting for 8 hours.
- 10Serve over pasta or mashed potatoes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Beef Roast With Tomato Madeira Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (282 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 521.7
- Calories from Fat 289
- Total Fat 32.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 170.1 mg
- Sodium 136.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 47.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
garlic and herb spaghetti sauce
frozen pearl onions