Recipe by Hausfrau
This is great to cook Saturday night for Sunday lunch. Very easy.
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
My SO had requested on 1/19/13 that he would like a roast for our Sunday Dinner 1/20/13. So, I did a search and came upon this recipe and decided to try it. Except for using a 2 lb. roast and decreasing the water to 1 cup, the recipe was made almost as it was written. Instead of using garlic salt it was subbed with garlic powder and a small amount of seasoned salt was sprinkled on both sides. Since my crock pot runs hot, it was cooked on low for a total of 6 hours and the roast turned out just fine. I wanted to make a gravy with some of the remaining liquid. So 3 tablespoons of margarine was melted and after melting, 3 tablespoons of flour was added to make a roux. Then about 1 cup of liquid was added a bit at time until slightly thickened, and to give it some color a small amount of Kitchen Bouquet was added. Along with the roast, Recipe #243562 and lima beans were served. My SO said " You can make this roast anytime you want to " and from him that's high praise. Thank you for posting a recipe that will be made again. " Keep Smiling :) "
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs beef chuck roast
- 1 small beef bouillon cube
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Place roast in bottom of medium sized Crock Pot.
- Add bouillon cube, all seasonings, and water to nearly cover. Seasonings may be adjusted according to taste, and any other of your favorite seasonings may be used.
- Cook on High setting for one hour, then reduce to Low setting for 6 hours.