Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Doesn't get much easier. The sauce comes out sweet and tangy.
- 3 1⁄2-5 lbs beef brisket, trimmed of excess fat
- 12 ounces dark stout beer (such as Guinness or a similar dark stout, lager may work, too)
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 small chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- salt, if needed, to taste
- Place brisket into slow-cooker.
- In a bowl, mix together all remaining ingredients; pour over beef in the slow-cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for about 8 hours or until desired doneness is reached.
- Let rest before slicing; serve with juices.
think I would cook it longer and shred the meat and make sandwiches out of it. also would thicken the sauce to serve with it.
This is now my Familys favorite meal... we have made it many times and never have leftovers.... great great meal
This was really good and oh so simple! The DH and I had to change our dinner plans after it had already been cooking for 8+hrs so I just popped it in the fridge over night... in the morning I just put it back on low... Turned out FABULOUS! Sweet... Tangy... We will be having this one again! Thanks so much!