Doesn't get much easier. The sauce comes out sweet and tangy.
Make and share this Crock Pot Beef N Beer Brisket recipe from Food.com.
- 3 1⁄2-5 lbs beef brisket, trimmed of excess fat
- 12 ounces dark stout beer (such as Guinness or a similar dark stout, lager may work, too)
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 small chopped onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- salt, if needed, to taste
- Place brisket into slow-cooker.
- In a bowl, mix together all remaining ingredients; pour over beef in the slow-cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for about 8 hours or until desired doneness is reached.
- Let rest before slicing; serve with juices.
This was really good and oh so simple! The DH and I had to change our dinner plans after it had already been cooking for 8+hrs so I just popped it in the fridge over night... in the morning I just put it back on low... Turned out FABULOUS! Sweet... Tangy... We will be having this one again! Thanks so much!
Good stuff! I added potatoes, and at the end some cornstarch to thicken the sauce. I didn't have a stout beer but it still worked okay. Also I had to cook longer, more like 9.5 hrs.