Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A Sandra Lee recipe that was featured in my son's school fundraising food co-op pamphlet. A nice twist using beef cubes instead of chicken. The sauce is a thin sauce; great served over egg noodles, rice or with mashed potatoes.
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs beef stew meat or 2 lbs sirloin, cut into bite sized chunks
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup good quality marsala wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 (14 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) package baby portabella mushrooms, sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat; add beef cubes and saute until browned.
- Add garlic; saute until garlic is lightly browned; add flour and stir until well coated.
- Transfer meat into the crockpot and add Marsala, broth, soup and sliced mushrooms; mix well.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH for 5 to 7 hours or until meat is tender; add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with or over rice, egg noodles or mashed potatoes.
This tasted great! I did throw in some onions and used one can of golden mushroom soup in place of one can of regular cream of mushroom, which I think gave it a nice flavor and made it not so much like a stroganoff. Thanks for the recipe!
I don't usually cook in a crockpot simply because DH doesn't care for foods cooked in them. He did however love this one. In fact, the whole family enjoyed this recipe served over egg noodles. A salad and rolls completed the meal.