4 hrs 10 mins
Throw it out at a dinner party! I am sure your guests will like it and ask you for the recipe. Serve it with a good-quality red wine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 kg lean beef, cut in 3 cm cubes
- 3 medium yellow onions, in thick slices
- 250 g fresh button mushrooms (halved or quartered)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 beef bouillon cube, dissolved in
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1Heat oil in pot.
- 2Add garlic and fry for about 5 minutes.
- 3Remove garlic and discard.
- 4Add sliced onions and stir-fry until pink.
- 5Add mushrooms and fry for about 20 minutes.
- 6Separate onions and mushrooms out.
- 7Add beef into pot and saute until brown on all sides.
- 8Mix flour, thyme, salt and pepper.
- 9Add flour mixture to pot and stir until all beef pieces are covered with flour mixture.
- 10Add wine and water.
- 11Stirring constantly, bring to a rapid boil.
- 12Reduce heat until mixture just bubbles.
- 13Simmer for 3 hours.
- 14If required, thin out sauce adding some hot water.
- 15Add bay leaves.
- 16Add onions and mushrooms and simmer for another 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Beef in Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (384 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 353.3
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 73.8 mg
- Sodium 821.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 28.8 g