Prep 15 mins
Cook 9 hrs
Modified newspaper recipe. Can be frozen and used when needed by simply popping into the microwave to thaw.
- 1 (4 lb) london broil beef
- 2 (1 1/4 ounce) packages taco seasoning mix
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white distilled vinegar
- 2 (4 ounce) cans diced green chilies
- Preliminaries: Spray inside of slow-cooker with nonstick spray.
- Rub seasoning mix over both sides of meat. Place meat in slow-cooker; add onion, vinegar and chilies.
- Cover and cook on low setting 9 hours.
- Remove meat, reserving liquid.
- Shred meat with two forks.
- Combine meat with reserved cooking liquid; stir well.
- Use meat for burritos.
Really good!!! Used it to make frozen chimichangas.
REALLY good! I've been looking for a good recipe to use with london broil, and I finally found it! Put the shredded beef in flour tortillas with a little shredded cheese, corn, guacamole and sour cream.
This is soooooo good! And it's cooked in the crockpot, what could be easier! Though they didn't need a gosh darn thing with them, we did fill our burritos with corn and black beans also. Fabulous recipe, I'll be using it often :) Thanks!