Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
- 1 lb beef stew meat, cut into 1 in cubes
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 6 cups hot water
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup biscuit mix
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 6 tablespoons milk
- In crock pot, sprinkle beef with dry onion soup mix.
- Pour hot water over meat.
- Stir in carrots, celery and tomato.
- Cover and cook on low 4-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Turn control to high.
- In a small bowl, combine biscuit mix with parsley.
- Stir in milk with fork until mixture is moistened.
- Drop dumpling mixture into crock pot with a teaspoon.
- Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes.