Recipe by lazyme
Another simple meal that fills the house with a wonderful aroma. From the Rival Crockpot Cookbook.
- 3 lbs beef stew meat, 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can beef broth
- 2 apples, unpeeled, cored, finely chopped
- cooked rice, hot
Directions See How It's Made
- Wipe beef well.
- Mix flour and curry powder.
- Coat meat cubes with flour mixture.
- Place meat in crock pot.
- Add garlic, raisins, sliced apples, onion, salt and pepper.
- Pour in broth and stir to blend.
- Cover and cook on Low setting for 8-10 hours or until meat is tender.
- Before serving, stir in additional curry powder to taste (up to 1 tablespoon) and chopped apples.
- Serve over hot rice.