- 1 (3 lb) boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped (can use a green bell pepper)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 10 sandwich buns, sliced in half
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the roast in quarters then place in the crock pot.
- Sprinkle the roast with black pepper.
- Sprinkle the chopped onion and bell pepper around the roast.
- In a bowl combine the BBQ sauce with apricot preserves, garlic, Dijon mustard and brown sugar; pour over the roast.
- Cover with lid and cook on LOW setting for about 6-8 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Remove the roast and slice thinly, then return to the crock pot and stir with the sauce; cover and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Skim the fat from the sauce.
- Serve the sliced beef with the sauce on buns.