You will need a 5-quart crock pot for this, I doubled the sauce when I made this :)
Make and share this Crock Pot Beef Chuck Barbecue recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (3 lb) boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped (can use a green bell pepper)
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 10 sandwich buns, sliced in half
- Cut the roast in quarters then place in the crock pot.
- Sprinkle the roast with black pepper.
- Sprinkle the chopped onion and bell pepper around the roast.
- In a bowl combine the BBQ sauce with apricot preserves, garlic, Dijon mustard and brown sugar; pour over the roast.
- Cover with lid and cook on LOW setting for about 6-8 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Remove the roast and slice thinly, then return to the crock pot and stir with the sauce; cover and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Skim the fat from the sauce.
- Serve the sliced beef with the sauce on buns.
Good but had to cook mine many hours longer than stated.
My family loved this easy recipe. I tried to use what I had on hand, so I substituted sweet chili sauce for the apricot preserves and used honey mustard for the mustard. I did use my oven though. I baked the roast for two hours, then sliced it and put it back in the oven for another 30 minutes. Thanks for the recipe.
This was quite good. We liked it better without the bun. It seemed like the bun overpowers the flavor of the bbq, but a great bbq nonetheless.