Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Crock pot main dish--low fat and calorie controlled--very easy.
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 lbs round steaks, trimmed, cubed
- 4 stalks celery, diced
- 2 medium onions, diced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can nonfat beef broth
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 (1 lb) can Chinese vegetables
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- chow mein noodles
- Mix all ingredients in crock pot except Chinese vegetables, water, and corn starch. Cook on high until simmering.
- Reduce heat and cook covered on medium for 7 hours.
- Add vegetables.
- Mix corn starch with water and stir into mixture until well blended.
- Replace lid and cook on medium another hour.
- Serve over chow mein noodles.
I didn't care for it, my family ate it but I will not make it again. I think it was the canned veggies that gave it a different taste.
This was very easy to make. I increased the amount of Chinese vegetables by using one 16 oz and one 32 oz size can, and served it over rice. Thanks, Gloria!