Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Hearty and good stew using chopped green chilies or whole, deveined green chilies. Be sure to use Wilt Chamberlain's Texas Chili Seasoning mix in this flavorful, southwestern stew.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cubed beef stew meat
- 2⁄3 lb dried pinto bean
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (10 ounce) can chilies
- 1⁄2 cup chili seasoning mix (more or less)
- 1 dash salt (optional)
- 1 -2 cup hot water (optional)
- Rinse, sort and soak beans overnight. drain and empty into a slow cooker or crock pot.
- Add all other ingredients, stir well.
- Cover and simmer until beans and beef are tender, about 3 - 4 hours. Add hot water if soup is too thick.
- Adjust seasonings and serve with cornbread.