Recipe by Stella Mae
Hearty and good stew using chopped green chilies or whole, deveined green chilies. Be sure to use Wilt Chamberlain's Texas Chili Seasoning mix in this flavorful, southwestern stew.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cubed beef stew meat
- 2⁄3 lb dried pinto bean
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon onion, minced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (10 ounce) can chilies
- 1⁄2 cup chili seasoning mix (more or less)
- 1 dash salt (optional)
- 1 -2 cup hot water (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse, sort and soak beans overnight. drain and empty into a slow cooker or crock pot.
- Add all other ingredients, stir well.
- Cover and simmer until beans and beef are tender, about 3 - 4 hours. Add hot water if soup is too thick.
- Adjust seasonings and serve with cornbread.