Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Adapted from a menus4moms.com recipe
- 2 lbs stewing beef (cut into 1 inch pieces) or 2 lbs boneless beef cubes
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) cancream condensed golden mushroom soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can whole mushrooms (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- Combine all ingredients in crock pot.
- Stir until ingredients are well incorporated.
- Cover (don't take off lid) and cook on low for 8-10 hours (or on high for 5-6 hours).
- Serve over egg noodles.
This was wonderful! I used venison, instead of beef and added two cans of potatoes and a pound of fresh mushrooms. I found the sauce a little on the thin side...but there was no lacking in flavor. Thank you, Karen, for such a tasty and easy recipe!!
This is a very good version of beef tips over noodles. I like the richness the golden cream of mushroom soup and the red wine add to this dish. The mushrooms are a lovely addition as well and I will make it again. Thanks for sharing!