Top Review by ChefDebs
This was superb, I didnt read directions correctly, and used 1/2 cup seasoned flour to toss the beef in.This made it quite thick so I used about 3 cups red wine, and added it at the same time as the water. Also I cooked it on high for 4 hrs in my crockpot. The result; a delicious flavorful boeuf bourgignon. Definately a keeper, Thanks for posting this great recipe.Next time I may throw in a handful of button mushrooms.
- 2 lbs beef round steak, cut in 1 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup water
- 3 sprigs parsley, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 2 potatoes, pared and cut in pieces
- 2 cups Burgundy wine or 2 cups dry red wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat meat with a mixture of flour, salt and pepper.
- Brown meat cubes in 2 Tbsp butter in a large skillet.
- Set browned meat aside.
- Add remaining butter to skillet and brown onion, carrot, and garlic.
- Turn into an electric cooker.
- Add water to skillet and heat, stirring to loosen browned particles.
- Put meat, parsley, bay leaf, and marjoram into cooker.
- Pour liquid in skillet over all.
- Cover and cook on Low 4 hours.
- Add potato to cooker; stir.
- Cover and cook on Low 2 hours.
- Add wine to cooker; mix.
- Cover and cook on High 30 minutes.