I have been making this since I was a newlywed. We still love it today. I personally like it best over buttered noodles, but it is very flexible.
- In a skillet, brown the stew meat in the oil;drain.
- Place meat into crock pot.
- Stir in soup, onion, carrot, wine, mushrooms, thyme, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cover crock pot.
- Cook on low setting 10-12 hours.
- After cooking time turn crock pot to high.
- Blend the cold water and flour into a smooth paste.
- Stir into beef mixture.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Serve over buttered noodles, rice, or on mashed potatoes.