I have been making this since I was a newlywed. We still love it today. I personally like it best over buttered noodles, but it is very flexible.
- In a skillet, brown the stew meat in the oil;drain.
- Place meat into crock pot.
- Stir in soup, onion, carrot, wine, mushrooms, thyme, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Cover crock pot.
- Cook on low setting 10-12 hours.
- After cooking time turn crock pot to high.
- Blend the cold water and flour into a smooth paste.
- Stir into beef mixture.
- Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- Serve over buttered noodles, rice, or on mashed potatoes.
I served this with noodles and it was really good. I love the flavor of the wine, mushrooms & beef. Thanks for posting such a great recipe!
Fabulous! I used baby carrots instead of shredded, but otherwise kept everything the same. Served it with wide egg noodles. The whole family loved it! This will be a family favorite in our household...definitely!
Recipe sounds yummie. gosh i forgot about using canned consume or as you suggested.. Did this when first got married some 40 years ago and always worked. The burgendy wine sounds sooo good with the slow cooking.