A great beef and noodles dish, so easy to prepare in your crockpot. The beef gets soooo tender from the long cooking process. Very good!
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 lbs beef stew meat
- 2 carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 ounces condensed beef broth
- 1⁄2 cup Burgundy wine (or other dry red wine)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 16 ounces egg noodles, uncooked
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Cook bacon until crisp; drain, and crumble.
- Place beef, bacon, carrots, and onions in the bottom of the crock pot.
- Whisk together flour, marjoram, garlic, and pepper with broth, wine and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour mixture into crockpot.
- Cook on high for 1 hour.
- Reduce to low and cook for 5-6 hours.
- Add mushrooms to crock pot.
- Cook on high for 30 minutes or until mushrooms are cooked to your liking.
- While mushrooms are cooking, prepare noodles according to package directions.
- Serve beef over noodles garnished with parsley, if desired.