Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This recipe came from an old church cookbook. I like to serve this over egg noodles or rice.
- 2 lbs beef stew meat
- 1 cup burgundy cooking wine
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 cup white pearl onion, frozen
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 (6 ounce) jar mushrooms, sliced (with sauce)
- Place beef into crock pot.
- In a large bowl, mix all remaining ingrediants. Pour mixture over beef.
- Cook on low for 6 - 8 hours.
I halved this recipe, omitting the cream of celery recipe. Otherwise, I followed the recipe as written. Next time I think I will leave the pearl onions out....I felt there was enough onion flavor with the onion soup mix. I served over egg noodles as recommended....when making again I'll thicken the sauce up a bit before serving. The taste was delicious, and it was so quick and easy to put together and throw in the crockpot. Made for Potluck tag game! Thanks for posting.
This was delicious. I used low-sodium, low-fat cream soups and pino noir wine (that's all I had available). I also forgot to add the pearl onions but I didn't even miss them. I served over egg noodles as recommended. This was excellent and so easy to prepare. The family loved it and requested that I make it again. It made a lot for my family of 4, but my husband and I certainly don't mind the leftovers.