Recipe by ARathkamp
This recipe came from an old church cookbook. I like to serve this over egg noodles or rice.
Top Review by breezermom
I halved this recipe, omitting the cream of celery recipe. Otherwise, I followed the recipe as written. Next time I think I will leave the pearl onions out....I felt there was enough onion flavor with the onion soup mix. I served over egg noodles as recommended....when making again I'll thicken the sauce up a bit before serving. The taste was delicious, and it was so quick and easy to put together and throw in the crockpot. Made for Potluck tag game! Thanks for posting.
- 2 lbs beef stew meat
- 1 cup burgundy cooking wine
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 cup white pearl onion, frozen
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 (6 ounce) jar mushrooms, sliced (with sauce)