Recipe by Granny Annie
This is a delicious recipe for guests. I left out the carrots and peas because we were having potatoes with the meal.
- 5 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 lb sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 1⁄2 cups Burgundy wine
- 12 small whole white onions
- 1⁄4 cup parsley
- 3 1⁄2 lbs beef chuck, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 lb carrot, sliced (optional)
- 11 ounces frozen peas (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry bacon; remove.
- Saute beef in bacon drippings.
- Remove beef from fat and put beef in crock pot.
- Add garlic, salt and pepper to beef.
- Sprinkle flour over beef and stir to blend.
- Put cloves, thyme and bay leaf in cheesecloth packet; add to pot.
- Add wine and parsley; mix.
- Crumble bacon and add to pot.
- Add carrots and onions.
- Cover and cook on low 8-9 hours.
- Saute mushrooms, then add the peas and mushrooms to pot and cook another 3 to 5 minutes.