Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 9 hrs
This is a delicious recipe for guests. I left out the carrots and peas because we were having potatoes with the meal.
- 5 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 lb sliced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 1⁄2 cups Burgundy wine
- 12 small whole white onions
- 1⁄4 cup parsley
- 3 1⁄2 lbs beef chuck, cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 lb carrot, sliced (optional)
- 11 ounces frozen peas (optional)
- Fry bacon; remove.
- Saute beef in bacon drippings.
- Remove beef from fat and put beef in crock pot.
- Add garlic, salt and pepper to beef.
- Sprinkle flour over beef and stir to blend.
- Put cloves, thyme and bay leaf in cheesecloth packet; add to pot.
- Add wine and parsley; mix.
- Crumble bacon and add to pot.
- Add carrots and onions.
- Cover and cook on low 8-9 hours.
- Saute mushrooms, then add the peas and mushrooms to pot and cook another 3 to 5 minutes.
We love roast and enjoyed this. I used a bottom of the round roast and made it with the veggies. So good, so comforting and so flavorful!
I love crock pot recipes and when I find one as good as this I am one happy cook! My family loved the aromas coming from the crockpot and the flavors even more! A new favorite around here!
This was fabulous!!! The taste was exactly as I was hoping! I searched the internet for weeks looking for the perfect beef burgundy recipe, and this is definitely it. I will note however that it did not make 8 servings. We were 4 people eating, and we only had about 1 serving left over. Also, next time I will add more wine to make the sauce go a little further. Another great thing about this recipe was that unlike many other ones, I did not have to thicken the sauce at the end with cornstarch or anything. It was perfect when done. Highly recommend this dish!!! Enjoy! ***Made this for the third time today. I doubled the recipe and accidentally forgot to put the garlic in. Stirred in ground thyme in addition to the cheesecloth packet. Also, I put an entire bottle of Cabernet wine in it and ended up thickening it later on with a little arrowroot. It tasted amazing!!! Please try this recipe too!