Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A comforting thick soup that is cooking for you all day while you are busy doing something else. I was very pleased with the results of this recipe and hope you all feel the same. It also fits into my new "lower" carb lifestyle.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh bell pepper, chopped (any color will work)
- 4 cups vegetable juice (V8 type)
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt (depends on taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- Brown ground beef and garlic, crumbling very well.
- Drain off fat and add to crock pot.
- Add remaining ingredients to crock pot and give it a good stir.
- Cook on low 8-10 hours.
- Leftovers freeze well.
This is not very good....too much ground beef....seasoning not good...so many better tasting soups out there with little expense to them...This is from a long time soup maker and partaker.....
This is great!!! I made it according to the recipe, but ommitted the peppers since I'm not a fan. We all loved it and even my 19 month old had two bowls, veggies and all. YAY!!! This is a keeper and will become a regular in our house. Thanks so much!!