Recipe by Michelle S.
A comforting thick soup that is cooking for you all day while you are busy doing something else. I was very pleased with the results of this recipe and hope you all feel the same. It also fits into my new "lower" carb lifestyle.
Top Review by Chef Deb
This is not very good....too much ground beef....seasoning not good...so many better tasting soups out there with little expense to them...This is from a long time soup maker and partaker.....
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups fresh broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups carrots, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh bell pepper, chopped (any color will work)
- 4 cups vegetable juice (V8 type)
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon instant chicken bouillon
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt (depends on taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano