Recipe by Theresa in Chi-town
This is a pretty simple recipe, and I'm sure people are already making these. BUT if you were looking for ideas, sometimes things as simple as this goes a long way at the dinner table. I thought of making this on a whim one day while roaming the meat isle, and to my surprise it's one of the dishes my family loves. It also smells really good while cooking. This does make quite a bit, so freezing for a rainy day is a very good option. Just put in the microwave at a later date and serve it up again. Although in this house, we are usually fighting over the left overs the next day. Enjoy!!
Top Review by Robyn:)
I went to a Philadelphia 76's game last week and I had a Barbecued Beef Brisket Sandwhich. It was so good I said to my DH, when I get home I'm cheking Recipezaar to see if anyone has a recipe for this. Well, this recipe is almost identical to the flavor of the concession stand sanwhich. It smelled so amazing while cooking all day. I followed it exactly as written. Everyone loved it! I served the beef on kaiser rolls.It was so easy to shred it with two forks. This deserves more than 5 stars for being easy and delicious and it feeds many people. thanks for sharing:)
- 3 -4 lbs beef brisket
- barbecue sauce, your favorite, enough to cover beef brisket (I prefer Charlie Robinson's Brown Sugar)
- 1 large onion (sliced wide)
- 3 garlic cloves (Diced fine)
- 8 -12 buns, your favorite
- cheddar cheese (Sliced thick) or American cheese (Sliced thick)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put beef brisket in crock pot.
- Top with your favorite BBQ sauce. Just enough to cover the meat.
- Place onion slices and diced garlic on top of meat.
- Cook on low for 8 hours. When done, use a fork to shred the meat. (Poke the meat and then pull down with the fork) Once shaved it will mix with the BBQ sauce nicely.
- Serve on a fresh bun of choice and top with either a thick Cheddar or American cheese slice. Another alternative could be melted Velveeta. Make sure each sandwich has a little bit of the onion slices in there, it really adds to the flavor and texture.
- I usually serve this with a little side salad for a quick dinner.