Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Easy and delicious! Great fall/winter comfort meal.
- 2 lbs boneless beef cubes
- 2 -3 carrots, sliced
- 2 -3 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 onion, diced (white or yellow)
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 12 ounces dark beer
- 0.5 (3 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Add beef and vegetables to crockpot.
- Mix the remaining ingredients (except cornstarch) in a bowl and pour over beef.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
- When you hit the 6-hour mark, mix the cornstarch with about 1 tbsp of water, then add this mixture to the crock pot.
- Leave the lid off, turn the crock pot to high, and let it cook for another 10 minutes or so, until the sauce starts to thicken a bit.
- Serve with some crusty bread and enjoy!
All I can say is DAMN that is some good stew. My hubby HATES stew and even stabbed a finger at the word 'stew' on my printed recipe and said loudly that he wouldn't like it. I know anything with Guiness (dark beer) in it tastes good so I was taking a gamble on this recipe to win over DH. Well it worked! He went back for seconds, proclaimed he could eat that meal happily every night and gave it a 9.8/10 (I get him to rate all the meal I cook out of 10). Any recipe that gets me a high score has my respect!
The only thing I added was 2 cloves of garlic finely diced.