Recipe by Sassy in da South
A delicious and easy one pot dish. Serve it with your favourite cornbread. Yum!
- 6 -8 ounces bacon, diced
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard, regular or 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, style
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pork and beans in tomato sauce, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- 1 (15 ounce) can lima beans or 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans, drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon in large skillet until lightly browned.
- Remove from skillet; drain on paper towels. Discard bacon drippings in skillet; brown the ground beef and onion until beef is no longer pink.
- Drain off excess fat.
- In a 3 1/2 to 5-quart slow cooker, combine bacon, ground beef, onion, and all remaining ingredients; mix to blend.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.