Recipe by PsychoCasseroleStepmom
I got this recipe from Woman's World magazine. It's a wonderful twist on chili with tender stew meat instead of ground beef. Just throw everything in the crock pot in the morning and dinner is ready when you get home!
- 2 lbs beef stew meat
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) jarchopped green chilies, drained
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (15 1/4 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained & rinsed
- sour cream (optional)
- fresh cilantro (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In slow cooker, combine beef, tomatoes, onion, green pepper, tomato paste, chilies, garlic, chili powder, Italian seasoning, cumin& salt.
- Cover; cook on low until beef is tender, 10 hours.
- Gently stir in beans.
- Cover; cook 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve topped with sour cream and cilantro, if desired.