1/2 Photos of Crock Pot Beef, Bean & Bacon Soup
4 hrs 15 mins
This seriously simple soup is full of flavor and spice. You will need at least a 5-quart slow cooker for this reicpe. To save yourself some time in the morning, you can saute the ground beef, onion, garlic and celery the night before and refrigerate until the morning. Then all you have to do is combine the ingredients in the slow cooker in the morning and come home to a comforting, delicious meal. All you will have left to do is top it with some baked fresh corn tortilla strips, tortilla chips or corn chips and some sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and green onion - or whatever you like! A nice side salad would be a wonderful accompaniment with this soup. This soup freezes well, also.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 slice bacon, cooked, drained and chopped
- 453.59 g ground sirloin or 453.59 g lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 celery ribs, finely chopped
- 236.59 ml lager beer
- 411.06 g can beef broth
- 283.49 g can enchilada sauce
- 340.19 g bottle chili sauce
- 283.49 g can Rotel tomatoes & chilies
- 439.41 g can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 439.41 g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 439.41 g can pinto beans, drained
- 432.33 g can niblet corn, drained
- 29.58 ml chili powder
- 2.46-4.92 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml onion powder
- 1.23 ml dried oregano
- 2.46 ml paprika
- 9.85-14.78 ml cumin
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- cayenne, pinch (optional)
- 1 bay leaf
- 4.92 ml salt
- fresh baked corn tortilla strips or tortilla chips or corn chips, garnish
- shredded cheddar cheese, garnish
- sour cream, garnish
- green onion, chopped, garnish
- 1In large nonstick skillet, saute ground sirloin, onion, garlic and celery over medium to medium-high heat until beef is browned and crumbles (be sure not to have heat too high so you don't burn the garlic); drain fat.
- 2Add ground beef mixture to a 5-quart or large slow cooker.
- 3Add the bacon and the rest of the ingredients to the crock pot, except for the garnishes; mix well.
- 4Cover and cook on low setting for 6-8 hours or on high setting for 3-4 hours.
- 5To serve, garnish with any of the following: fresh tortilla strips, tortilla chips, corn chips, shredded cheese, sour cream and green onions.
- 6Don't forget to remove the bay leaf.
Browse Our Top Equipment Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Equipment Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Beef, Bean & Bacon Soup
Serving Size: 1 (394 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 544.7
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 48.1 mg
- Sodium 1985.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.5 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 30.5 g