Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
My husband loved this.
- 1 lb round steak, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking barley
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 8 -12 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker; mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.
I tried this because DH like beef and barley. It needed more seasoning. I will add salt and pepper and probably some red wine next time. Also will add some carrots.
This recipe is very tasty. I added 2 cups of beef broth and made it more of a soup. I definately will use this recipe again!
Very good and so simple to make. I did double the water and add one green pepper to the recipe. Great for busy weeknights. Thanks for sharing!