Prep 10 mins
Cook 13 hrs
This is the first thing I made in my new crock pot. I borrowed a lot of this recipe from Vincy Bramblett's Easy Beef BBQ.
- 3 lbs beef roast
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Frank's red hot sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer (I use Shiner Bock)
- Cook the roast on low, covered with the bottle of beer.
- In the morning, drain the liquid out of the crock pot and shred the beef.
- Combine the other ingredients and pour over the beef.
- Keep the crock pot on low heat until ready to serve.
- If you need to add liquid, add a little bit of water.
this was a great EASY dish. i used my own homemade barbeque sauce and added two cloves of garlic-but i think erins version would have been just as good. the honey really adds to the great flavor. the meat was sooo tender and just fell apart- great on kiaser rolls with potato salad and some greens. thanks erin!!!
I used a 5-lb. bottom round,a bottle of dark Mexican beer,and added a large thinly sliced onion to the mix. After cooking on low heat in my crockpot for 10 hours, the shredding was easy. I mixed some liquid smoke in with the (hickory)bbq sauce and honey. This was a great recipe...makes a yummy sandwich on a kaiser roll. I froze portions that were leftover.
Mmmmmmm...this was SO yummy! I used a pork roast becuse I did not have a beef roast and it was delicious. Tasted just like "pulled pork" in a restaurant. Excellent!