Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I got this recipe from a Flylady email a while back. I half it for a smaller crock pot and it works well.
- 2 lbs lean round steak
- 2 green peppers, sliced thin
- 1 small onion, chopped fine
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Cut the steak into serving size pieces. If desired, you can brown the meat in a little hot oil before adding to crockpot.
- Place the thinly sliced pepper rings in bottom of crockpot, reserving a few to place on top of meat if desired.
- Arrange the meat on peppers evenly, carful not to stack one piece directly on top of another.
- Mix all other ingredients and pour over meat and peppers.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or on high for about 4 hours.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and/or steamed veggies.
Nice flavours, we had our with couscous, delicious. Thanks for posting betani xxx
I used chicken broth instead of beef broth. It had a pleasing asian aroma. It was very easy to make. 4 stars because DH liked it a lot. For me, it was mediocre. I'm not sure if I'll make it again.