5 hrs 30 mins
I found this recipe on a package of frozen pea pods. I think it's fantastic and very easy to make! I use the 7 ounce cans of all vegetables in this recipe. You may use larger or smaller portions depending on your taste or what you have on-hand.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -1 1/2 lb lean stewing beef
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed beef broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 bunch green onion (about 8)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 (7 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 (7 ounce) can bamboo shoots, drained
- 1 (7 ounce) can bean sprouts, drained
- 1 (7 ounce) bag frozen pea pods, partially thawed
- 1Combine steak in Crock Pot with beef broth, soy sauce, ginger and onion. Cover and cook on low for 5 to 7 hours.
- 2Turn control to high. Stir in cornstarch that has been dissolved in the 2 tablespoons cold water. Cook on high for 15 minutes or until thickened.
- 3During last 5 minutes of cooking time, add the water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, bean sprouts and pea pods.
- 4Serve over hot cooked rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Beef and Pea Pods
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 228.0
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 43.8 mg
- Sodium 801.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 22.1 g