1/2 Photos of Crock Pot Beef and Mushroom Stew
6 hrs 20 mins
Redneck Epicurean's Note:
A crock pot can be a great time saver for busy moms or people who work. I like using mine because I can make a meal and still take a nap or rest while it cooks. I don't have the extra energy always to stand and cook for hours. This recipe is full of my favorite foods. Serve this with crusty bread to sop up the extra liquid.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless beef bottom round steaks or 1 1/2 lbs chuck roast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can French onion soup
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning, crushed
- 3 cups mushrooms, cut in half (about 10 oz.)
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 2-inch pieces (about 1/2 lb.)
- 1 cup whole white baby onion
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1Pepper beef and coat with 2 tablespoons flour.
- 2Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3Add beef and cook until browned, stirring often.
- 4Mix beef, soup, garlic, Italian seasoning, mushrooms, carrots and onions in 3 1/2-quart slow cooker.
- 5Cover and cook on high heat 6-8 hours or until beef is fork-tender.
- 6MIX remaining flour and water and stir flour mixture into cooker.
- 7Cover and cook 15 minute or until slightly thickened.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Beef and Mushroom Stew
Serving Size: 1 (319 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.9
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 72.5 mg
- Sodium 513.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 26.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian seasoning