Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
easy beef and broccoli that my family loves.
- 1 lb rib eye, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 12 ounces frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- add liquid and spices (including garlic) to crockpot. slice meat into thin strips. toss meat in crockpot mixture. cook on low for 6-8 hours. one hour before serving add broccoli. cover and cook on high for another hour. serve over rice.
Really good! I doubled the sauce per MissKristin but only the liquid. I kept the soy sauce and ginger the same. Next time I will do 3 tsp of ginger. There was very little sauce. I will triple it next time. I cooked the meat 6 hours on low. I added fresh broccoli and cooked on high for 15-20 minutes more.
This was delicious. I grated fresh ginger, and actually added 2 more cloves of garlic. You can use a cut of meat other than ribeye, it's a bit expensive sometimes for a budget. I like a lot of sauce so I ended up making more and adding cornstarch to thicken it. The sauce was awesome. Over rice, this made for an amazing dinner, and we had leftovers!