Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
South Beach Diet All Phases
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless round steak, cubed
- 4 1⁄2 ounces sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 cups frozen broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Combine beef, mushrooms, onion, broth and teriyaki sauce in crock pot.
- Cover; cook on LOW for 8-10 hours.
- Dissolve cornstarch in 2 tablespoons of water 35-40 minutes before serving. Stir into beef mixture.
- Add broccoli; stir. Cover and cook 35-40 minutes more until broccoli is tender.
I had to add a lot of extra seasonings, and the beef was kindof dry after cooking even only 7 hours. This one has potential with a little tweaking.
This was good. Based on the other review, I added plenty of garlic and ginger to the sauce and it worked out great. The only thing I'd change is to cook it less time...after slicing the beef thin and cooking it so long, my beef kind of crumbled. I served it with egg rolls and Jasmine rice and it was very good. Thanks for posting!
I made this for my 3 chefs. This could use a bit more seasoning in the sauce. BUt the sauce thickened up nicely. I served with jasmine rice. Next time Im probably going to add a bit more broccoli as well. Thanks for posting. Karen