Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 mins
From a crock pot cookbook. Almost like a stew. We like it served with rice.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs stewing beef, cut into 1 in cubes
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 cups amber boch beer
- 1 cup water
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 leek, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 turnip, cubed
- Heat oil in a large skillet and cook meat on all sides until brown. Lower heat and add flour to skillet. Cook 2 minutes stirring often.
- Gradually add broth, beer, and water and bring to a boil.
- Transfer mixture to crock pot and add remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours or high 4 to 6 hours.