Recipe by Lorraine of AZ
This is an easy and great side-dish for a casual summer function. The recipe comes from Gooseberry Patch who calls it one of their more popular recipes.
- 1 lb bacon, crisply cooked and crumbled
- 2⁄3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄3 cup catsup
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 (16 ounce) can pork and beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
Directions See How It's Made
- Reserve 1/4 cup bacon pieces for topping. Combine remaining bacon and remaining ingredients in a crock pot, mixing gently.
- Cook on LO heat for 4 to 6 hours.
- May be served directly from crock pot for a summer function. Sprinkle reserved bacon pieces over the top for presentation.