Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Great to have after a long work day.
- 2 (28 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 1 (16 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 (1 lb) package hot dog, halved lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In a crock pot, combine all ingredients; mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours.
This is so simple and yummy. I used a smoked, thick-sliced bacon and loved the flavor that it gave these beans. Thanks carolinafan for a nice keeper. Made for I Recommend tag.
This was very good will make again. Thanks
I made this recipe on 11/10/11 for the Child's Play/Universal Event in the Food Photo Forum,and most importantly mine and my SO's dinner.There were a few changes to the recipe,but I don't think they affected the recipe at all. Here are the changes that I made, 2 16 ounce cans of pork n' beans,and 3/4 lb.of hot dogs.And since I really love bacon, 9 pieces were used and I browned the hot dogs a bit in the bacon " drippings ". Also, I used 1/2 cup of onions, 1 1/2 tsp. of mustard and 1/3 cup of brown sugar. if this is made again, I think 5 hours on low will be enough time (my crock pot runs hot ). Thanks for posting and, " Keep Smiling :) "