6 hrs 15 mins
This sounds so yummy! I haven't tried it yet, but with the weather cooling down, it's high up on my list.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans or 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chili peppers
- 2 tablespoons instant beef bouillon or 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon or 6 bouillon cubes
- 1In a slow cooker or crock pot combine beans, water, tomatoes, corn, carrot, onion, undrained chili peppers, bouillon, chili powder and garlic.
- 2Cover and cook on low 10 to 12 hours.
- 3Can be put in at night and let cook overnight or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- 4For dumplings, in a small bowl stir together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and pepper.
- 5In a medium bowl, combine egg white, milk, and oil.
- 6Add to flour mixture.
- 7Stir with a fork just until combined.
- 8Turn crock pot to high and drop the dumpling mixture from a rounded teaspoon to make about 8 dumplings on the soup.
- 9Cover and cook for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Bean Soup With Cornmeal Dumplings
Serving Size: 1 (682 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 470.7
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 1.0 mg
- Sodium 650.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 86.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.6 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 23.5 g