Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is another simple recipe I came up with using some ingredients that became available on island.
- 300 g frozen oregon bean medley
- 150 g frozen assorted bell peppers (julienned-style)
- 1⁄2 large onion (quartered and sliced)
- 250 g spicy sausage (cut to bite size)
- 5 slices bacon (julienned)
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth or 2 cups bouillon
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- Place all the ingredients, except bouillon and flour, into the crock pot.
- Thoroughly mix flour into chicken broth.
- Pour mixture over ingredients in the crock pot.
- Cover and cook on high for 5 to 6 hours, stirring occasionally.
- ***For a quick and tasty lunch, combine the Bean Medley and Sausage Stew with a toasted combo “baby cheese”, onion cheese, and mushroom cheese sandwich.