Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This is an easy, flavorful dish. Rinsing the canned beans well and draining before adding to the crock pot will eliminate much of the sodium they contain. As unlikely as it seems, I got this recipe from a diet leaflet.
- 1⁄2 lb lean ground beef (or more, as desired)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (21 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can red beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can butter beans
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- Saute the ground beef and onions until the meat loses its pink color; drain.
- Transfer meat mixture to a 3-1/2 quart crock pot. Add remaining ingredients.
- Look on LOW heat for 8 to 10 hours.