Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
This is my own finger licking good recipe that is a hit every time and you don't even have to fire up the barbie!
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 4 lbs beef ribs
- 0.75 (16 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
- Combine rub ingredients mixing well.
- Rub on all sides of ribs.
- Place ribs meaty side up in crock pot.
- Cover; cook on low for 6 hours.
- Drain the grease from the crock.
- Place the ribs back in and cover with bbq sauce.
- Cook for another hour.
This was really delicious and so easy! I used boneless beef country ribs and they were so tender and flavorful. The only thing I did different was I added a little dry mustard and onion powder to the rub, and cooked on high instead of low. Then I left a little bit of the juice at the bottom and covered the meat with Sweet Baby Rays bbq sauce. It was sweet and spicy and awesome! We had macaroni and cheese along with it and all everyone could say was YUM! Thank you so much for this awesome recipe, for sure I will be making this again and again.
So easy and so good! I did cut the cayenne by half, since the kids said it was too spicy the first time I made them. Definitely a keeper, and I've shared it with others. Thanks!
Family loved it!!!made it with pork and it was a ill dry, can't wait to try it with beef. Has anyone tried this rub with chicken?