Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is adapted from Miss Erin Clofelter's "BBQ Pot Ribs" (#11386) recipe for the crock. I've tweaked it to my tastes, and have enjoyed it many times.
- 2 racks pork side ribs
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 onions, sliced in thin rings
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3⁄4 cup ketchup
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Rub the ribs with seasoning salt and pepper, cut into 2- or 3-rib sections, and brown them in a skillet. Remove the ribs to the crock pot.
- Add the onions and garlic to the skillet, and saute until they soften, about 5 minutes. Add a little oil while sauteing if your ribs are very lean. Add these to the crock.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the crock, scraping the bottom to get the brown bits off the skillet. Once the sauce comes to a boil, pour it over the ribs and onions.
- Cook 6 or so hours on low. Each crock is different, so you'll have to experiment with yours. If the sauce is too thin for your taste, leave the lid off the crock for the last hour or so of cooking.