Recipe by AZRoxy63
You will SWEAR that this had to have been slowly smoked like your favorite BBQ! I bring this to get togethers all the time and everyone just assumes I have a smoker....AND I don't tell them otherwise! It's our little secret! You will LOVE this!
Top Review by Da Huz
If only there were 6 stars to give this... The only thing I would change is doubling the amount of liquid smoke, but that's just a personal preference. At last, a BBQ pork recipe that I truly love!
- 1814.36-2721.55 g boneless pork butt
- 24.64 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 1 whole yellow onion, chopped
- 4 whole bay leaves
- 113.39 g bottlecolgin liquid smoke, mesquite flavor
- 14.79 ml salt
- 14.79 ml pepper
- 236.59 ml mustard
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 59.14 ml water
- 9.85 ml black pepper
- 4.92 ml cayenne pepper
- 14.79 ml butter
- 44.37 ml liquid smoke
- 59.14 ml ketchup
- 177.44 ml cider vinegar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Season roast with 1/2 tbsp each of salt and of pepper.
- Brown roast in hot skillet a few minutes on each side.
- Place roast in crock-pot.
- Add bay leaves and chopped onion.
- Pour in Worcestershire and liquid smoke.
- Fill crock pot with water until cover roast well.
- Add other 1/2 tbsp each of both salt and pepper.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours until meat can be easily pulled apart with a gentle touch from a fork.
- Once cooked remove meat from crock pot and shred well.
- Mix all ingredients of sauce together (or you can use your favorite store bought kind)and stir in with the meat until you get your own desired sauce coverage.
- Spoon onto buns and you have a perfect bbq sandwich!