Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
You will SWEAR that this had to have been slowly smoked like your favorite BBQ! I bring this to get togethers all the time and everyone just assumes I have a smoker....AND I don't tell them otherwise! It's our little secret! You will LOVE this!
- 4 -6 lbs boneless pork butt
- 5 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 whole yellow onion, chopped
- 4 whole bay leaves
- 1 (4 ounce) bottlecolgin liquid smoke, mesquite flavor
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 cup mustard
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 3⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Season roast with 1/2 tbsp each of salt and of pepper.
- Brown roast in hot skillet a few minutes on each side.
- Place roast in crock-pot.
- Add bay leaves and chopped onion.
- Pour in Worcestershire and liquid smoke.
- Fill crock pot with water until cover roast well.
- Add other 1/2 tbsp each of both salt and pepper.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours until meat can be easily pulled apart with a gentle touch from a fork.
- Once cooked remove meat from crock pot and shred well.
- Mix all ingredients of sauce together (or you can use your favorite store bought kind)and stir in with the meat until you get your own desired sauce coverage.
- Spoon onto buns and you have a perfect bbq sandwich!
If only there were 6 stars to give this... The only thing I would change is doubling the amount of liquid smoke, but that's just a personal preference. At last, a BBQ pork recipe that I truly love!
Not only is this a delicious and easy dish, but it makes a lot of pulled pork! What a great way to make use of your crock pot and to come home to a nearly complete meal!
The sauce in this recipe is very good, not the bbq I was expecting but it really made this sandwich stand out amongst other bbq pulled pork sandwiches