Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This came out of desperation one day when I hadn't planned anything for dinner and only had half defrosted some pork chops. I just layered everything in the crockpot and 6 hours later we had dinner! It's very simple, very few ingredients and we thought it was very tender and tasty. I hope you enjoy!
- 1 (16 ounce) bottleof your favourite barbecue sauce (I use Honey Smoke)
- 6 pork chops (you can use boneless or bone in)
- seasoning (I use Garlic Plus by Club House)
- Turn crockpot on high and remove liner (if you can). Spread some BBQ sauce on the bottom of the crock.
- Run each chop under some warm water.
- Put 2 chops on the bottom of the crock. Put some BBQ sauce and seasonings on each chop Layer chops, sauce and seasonings. Add the remaining sauce over the top.
- Return the crock to the pot, put on lid.
- After about an hour, turn down to low. Cook for about 5-6 hours. If you used bone-in chops, be careful as the chops are very tender and will fall off the bone.
- We usually have ours with mashed potatoes, or throw some potatoes in the oven and bake them for the last hour or so.
- It would probably work well with rice too if you want.
I love this recipe because it's so hands off! I took the meat out early the 1st time and it was a little dry, but still delicious! So I'm making it again tonight with a little more sauce. Great recipe! Thanks!
This is a favorite with my fiance. I made it one night for dinner about 2 weeks ago and we've already had it two more times! I added a lot of seasonings - pepper, seasoned salt, onion powder, and garlic powder to both the sauce and the chops. The meat was so tender every time you didn't even need a knife!
I cannt belive I forgot to rate this recipe and only noticed because I recmmended it t someone else. Fabulously easy and soooooo tastey! The ribs were just ready to fall of the bone and succulent. The whole family loved these. This is in my regular rotation. I have made 3 times with 3 different types of BBQ sauce and each time it came out perfecto! Thank you for an esy peasy and delightful recipe. Hve some fresh crusty bread to sop up the extra sauce. yummy